Sunday, August 22, 2010

I love it when a plan comes together.......

I don't think a 33-year-old has ever been more excited to start Kindergarten than I am!!! I really don't think Ivy could be more excited, either. As the supplies have been rolling in and I have been getting them organized she says..."Is this for Kindergarten? Is that special for Kindergarten?"

We decided to use Sue Patrick's Workbox System, which I think will be really great for us because I have tons of random resources from garage sales, Half Price Books, etc. that I need a way to organize and use.
So...
* I bought my boxes
* I printed, laminated, and cut my workbox cards (thanks to Homeschool Creations, my absolute favorite homeschool blog)
* I ordered my velcro dots (on eBay, after a very frustrating local search)
* I chose my curriculum (a random assortment of on-hand stuff combined with lessons from Lesson Pathways, and Biblical Character curriculum from Hubbard's Cupboard)

Now it is just a matter of sticking my velcro dots on our boxes, cards, and schedule, and filling my boxes!

Ivy and I both see it coming together and I have to admit I am as giddy as she is!! We can't wait to begin our homeschool adventure.

September 7th is our official launch date. Keep posted for take-off!!

1 comment:

  1. Can I comment on my own blog?? I just have to say it, right now, right here at 2am after working on curriculum for over 4 hours..... I am beginning to REALLY be frustrated with Lesson Pathways, and REALLY ENJOY Hubbard's Cupboard. More later on this.....

    ReplyDelete